1978 Ferrari 308GTB
- Every enthusiast should drive a Ferrari
before they die!
- US spec, first year with catalytic
- One of the last two years with the 4 2bbl
Weber carbs (real Ferraris aren't injected)
- Three owners (same Maryland owner
- Left Italy in "Blanco" (white),
painted red over black ("Boxer scheme") before being
sold new in NYC, taken to bare metal and sprayed "Grigio"
- Added pre-ABS 328GTS 16" rims (due to
unavailability of appropriate tires for the original
- Also have set of 16x8 BBS rims for
- Modified exhaust, added individual
K&N filters (mainly for the sound), and lightweight Euro
- Added crank-fired electronic ignition
(stock: 4 sets of points, 2 coils, 2 separate
distributors); drives like a different car... stock
ignition was shot.
Next: adjustable coilover suspension...